Coaching - Catalyst for Change
Athletes know the importance of having a good coach that supports them in their sport to achieve their highest potential.
Executive and Career Coaching is a similar partnership. Coach and client work together to tackle the tough issues, to be courageous in the journey, and to understand your unique gifts, strengths, style and challenges. At the same time it's important to understand your goals… ultimately with the goal of achieving positive results and a greater sense of competence, confidence and contribution.
Everyone is different and has unique situations that require tailored coaching programs. One size does not fit all. Teri uses tools she has gained through years of coaching and her official training through the Georgetown University Certificate in Leadership Coaching program to ensure your program meets your goals and objectives.
Performance coaching: Coaching activities here are aimed at enhancing an individual’s performance in their current role at work, to increase their effectiveness and productivity at work. Generally, performance coaching derives its theoretical underpinnings and models from business and sports psychology as well as general psychological theory.
One to one performance coaching is increasingly being recognized as the way for organizations and individuals to improve performance. By improving the performance of the most influential people within the organization, the theory goes that business results should improve. Executive coaching is often delivered by coaches operating from outside the organization whose services are requested for an agreed duration or number of coaching sessions.
- Prepares executives, managers and high-potential contributors for greater leadership performance and effectiveness
- Help sharpen leadership skills to effectively transition into the unique challenges of new positions or promotions
- Establish optimal work/life integration
- Align work skills and talents in meaningful ways to meet professional
and personal life goals
- Enhance leadership performance and effectiveness for your next step and/or continued success
- Explore future career directions.
If you are starting a new business or taking your business to a new level you will benefit from our business coaching and consulting services.
- Creating a strategic business plan
- Identifying target markets
- Attracting new clients
- Developing leadership or management skills
- Initial Meeting - to better understand your interests and needs. Mutual fit is key in establishing a coaching relationship. Michelle's experience is broad and she has been successful in working with a wide range of individuals.
- Agreement on the Coaching Engagement - this will include a mutual understanding and agreement of the time commitment, logistics for coaching, pricing, payment, potential interviews, assessments and possible additional conversations (boss/HR partner if needed)
- Define the Coaching Objectives - Michelle will want to ensure you are clear about your coachable interests, goals and desired outcomes. If you have a sponsoring organization, we will need to ensure they are in agreement with these objectives as well.
- Build the Personal Development Plan - together, an action plan is built that supports the changes you desire
- Execute Coaching Engagement - regular agreed upon coaching sessions to support your learning journey, emails/additional phone calls as needed to support personal growth
- Transition - conclude coaching engagement, harvest learning, develop
- long-range plan going forward, measure outcomes
Benefits of Using a Coach
Professional coaching brings many wonderful benefits: fresh perspectives on personal challenges, enhanced decision-making skills, greater interpersonal effectiveness, and increased confidence. And, the list does not end there. Those who undertake coaching also can expect appreciable improvement in productivity, satisfaction with life and work, and the attainment of relevant goals.
When Should You Consider Coaching?
Do you want to enhance your executive presence? Do you want to become a more insightful leader, improve your professional relationships, exhibit more confidence and increase your overall effectiveness?
Are you in transition? Are you facing a change (new job, promotion, new responsibilities, organizational change) and would like insight into how to best manage this transition?
Are you showing up as your best self? Do you want balance between your work-life and personal life? Are you looking for more fulfillment in the position you are in? Do you want to work on a particular skill that you've identified? Or maybe you would like insight and options concerning a specific situation?
Ready to Get Started?
I work with business professionals that are committed to achieving peak professional performance and are looking to gain a unique competitive advantage.
How committed are you to shifting your work-life experience? If you are willing to take the plunge and are looking for transformative executive coaching, I invite you to contact me and let's see if it makes sense to work together. Send me a note through my "Contact Page" on this website. If you want a quick response, feel free to call 520-483-3562 or email (firstname.lastname@example.org).